My Industrial Piercing- Pain, Experience, Healing ETC

Hey lovelies!
So for those of you that are a regular on my YouTube channel you would know that ive recently done a "My piercings and Tattoo's" video! It was highly requested. Since posting that video, i now have my Industrial done- many of you have been asking me questions about it so i though id do this blog post on it, to hopefully answer your questions!
I like this piercing becuase its more of a "Unique" (if any piercing could ever be called unique)! I dont know anyone else who has it!
And in my opinion its a great unisex piercing! 




 

 

FIRST THINGS FIRST!

For anyone who doesn't know a "Industrial" also know as a "Scaffold" Piercing is basically 2 piercings in your ear, connected by 1 bar.
Most commonly though the outer rim of the ear, but it can also go straight though the ear!


THE PIERCING PROCEDURE

So like any other piercing, the area is always cleaned by the piercer prior to piercing.
There are 2 ways you can go about it, either get 2 separate studs/rings or go straight for the barbell.
The only issue is, more often a normal single piercing is roughly 18 to 20 gauge in size- Where as a Barbell for a Industrial is roughly 14g so many times the piercing may not be wide enough for a Barbell- So i recommend just going straight for the barbell, anyways that gives you the "true" Industrial look.

The Piercer will mark out where your piercing will be placed with texter, and then get you to double check....and now the fun begins.
What they did with mine was pierce the top part of my ear ( near my hair) first, and then put the needle straight though the second hole all in 1 go.
 Then with the needle still in, they attach the barbell to the end of the needle (it hooks in) and thread it back though your ear, so there is always either the needle or the bar in your ear. My piercer didnt put the needle in- take it out and then put the bar it, he just did it all in 1 go. Which in my opionion was better, its alot faster!

My Industrial piercing.


PAIN FACTOR

This is a hard one because i know that everyone has different tolerances for pain! To me i would say it was about a 6-7 out of 10.
It was not as painful as my traggis, which in my opinion was my most painful out of all my piercings.
It was more pressure and heat, and the sound of the cartage made my skin crawl!
I defiantly think that the bit near my hair was the most painful, i didnt even feel the second piercing go though! But also when they put the bar though that hurts a fair bit aswell! I would say that this is the thickest of all my piercings and yeah it did hurt, but in my opinion its well worth it!

AFTER CARE/CLEANING
So my piercer recommended a sailen solution.
1 Cup boiled water- Cooled
1tsp Salt
 Or you can use a solution that is made for newly pierced ears.
Im currently using Rossans Antiseptic Ear Care.

He recommended to wash my ear about 4 times a day. The more times your clean your ear the better and faster it will heal. YOU MUST ALWAYS have clean hands when your about to clean your piercing, this will prevent any contamination. So what i do is soak it for 1min or so, just to get off any crusties. Then i push the piercing forward, clean all around, then push it back and clean all around. Then i wiggle (not twist) the piercing to wash the solution though the ear.
Also when you wash your hair make sure to cup your hand over the piercing as shampoo can aggravate the piercing in its early stages. But if your not washing your hair its a good idea to let the water bead onto it, to help remove any crusties. DONT PICK AT IT! Just let it heal in its own time!
ALSO dont touch it, EVER! Unless your cleaning it.

So its now i think the 5th day of having my piercing and its still slightly tender. The first few days it was quite sore, and i couldnt sleep on that side. But now its starting to feel better.


SIGNS OF INFECTION

Warmth and redness around the area. Sore to touch and of course puss and all that good stuff! If your piercing is infection and its not getting better, either see a doctor or take it out! ASAP


HEALING TIME

Anywhere form 6month to 1year! Dont get slack with your cleaning, because that is when infection will start! Keep cleaning it till its 100% healed!
If your piercing is starting to feel itchy- that means its healing! YAAAY!


COST

Mine cost $100 including the bar. But it will depend on your piercer.



So i hope this has helped, and i hope that it has answered some of your questions about the pain and healing etc!
Let me know if you have any more!


For anyone that is interested this is my "Piercings and Tattoo's" video!

Lots of love

Jade xx
Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment